Trixie Films is looking for smart, energetic interns to work in our Brooklyn office on various feminist media projects including research, production, and fundraising for our current documentary My So-Called Selfish Life. Positions are open year-round, so please contact us with your availability.
The job: This is a great opportunity to work on documentary production, research, outreach, and other support for our current / and / previous projects. We’re looking for people interested in feminism, sexuality, activism and social media – and you do not have to be female. Depending on what we're working on, your day could include research, assisting on shoots, social media outreach, connecting with non-profits, fundraising and a variety of administrative office tasks.
Experience: You must be totally proficient in a Mac computer environment. You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to navigate social networking platforms. Experience in documentary filmmaking is not essential, but if you are a film/video person, some basic Premiere or Final Cut Pro would be great.
Schedule and location: We work with interns year-round and a typical internship runs for 3 months. You would work one or two days a week, Monday thru Friday, 10 to 6. The studio is located in Downtown Brooklyn and is near the A, C, F and R trains. We are open to working around your work or school commitments and offer college credit.
Some things you might do, depending on your skill set and what we’re working on:
- work as a production assistant on shoots
- transcribe video interviews
- data, text, or visual research
- edit and upload video clips
- maintain our database, do filing and other office tasks as needed
- create gifs, graphics and other media
- maintain our social media sites on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, YouTube, etc
- write and send out email blasts
- schedule and promote screenings for schools, organizations and film festivals
- find and develop partnerships with organizations serving young women
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship, and we can offer school credit and a daily stipend for lunch. Several interns have moved on to paid positions.